View information from your phone, on your wrist, at a Glance!
- Easily view information from your Android phone on the Glance widget, such as your phone’s remaining battery %, phone network type, or Wifi connection status
- Perform actions on the phone from your wrist, such as toggling Wifi, muting phone volume, or silencing the ringer
- Uses the Watch Partner companion app for Android to configure fields and actions to be accessible on the Glance widget
- Supports connecting to multiple Garmin Connect IQ devices
Available Data Fields and Actions
- Battery % Remaining (0-100%)
- Battery Health (Good, Cold, Dead, Over Voltage, Overheating, Unspecified Failure, Unknown)
- Battery Power Source (Battery, AC, USB, Wireless, Unknown)
- Battery Status (Full, Charging, Discharging, Not Charging, Unknown)
- Phone Network
- Phone Signal Strength (None – 0 bars, Poor – 1 bar, Moderate – 2 bars, Good – 3 bars, Great – 4 bars)
- Phone Network Operator
- Phone Data State (Connected, Connecting, Disconnected, Suspended, Unknown)
- Phone Network Type (2G, 3G, 4G, Unknown)
- Current Wifi SSID
- Wifi State (Enabled, Enabling, Disabled, Disabling, Unknown)
- Wifi Link Speed (in Mbps)
- Wifi Signal Level (0-5)
- Current Ringer Profile (Normal, Vibrate, Silent)
- Phone Alarms
- Next Phone Alarm
- Time Until Next Phone Alarm
- Music Volume
- Ringer Volume
- Mute All
- Unmute All
- Toggle Mute All
- Set Ringer profile
Supported Garmin Devices
- D2™ Bravo
- D2™ Bravo Titanium
- D2™ Charlie
- Descent™ Mk1
- ForeAthlete® 230J
- ForeAthlete® 235J
- ForeAthlete® 630J
- ForeAthlete® 735XTJ
- ForeAthlete® 920XTJ
- Forerunner® 230
- Forerunner® 235
- Forerunner® 630
- Forerunner® 735XT
- Forerunner® 920XT
- Forerunner® 935
- fēnix® 3
- fēnix® 3 HR
- fēnix® 5
- fēnix® 5S
- fēnix® 5X
- fēnix® Chronos
- vívoactive® HR
- vívoactive® 3
Android: 4.3 and above
Garmin Connect IQ: 1.4 and higher on the aforementioned devices
Upgrade to Advanced Mode
Gain the following additional features by upgrading to “Advanced Mode”:
- Configure up to 3 pages with 3 fields on each page
- Configure up to 5 actions
- Choose custom names for each field and action
Purchase Advanced Mode from within the Info screen in Watch Partner.
- Download and install Garmin Connect Mobile on your Android device.
- Download and install the Watch Partner app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Ensure the Garmin wearable(s) that you wish to you use are connected to your Android device via Bluetooth, and are setup in Garmin Connect Mobile.
- From Garmin Connect Mobile, download and install the Glance widget on your supported Garmin Connect IQ wearable from the Connect IQ Store.
Application User Guide
- Launch Watch Partner on your Android device.
- Configure your Garmin wearable(s) to use with Glance
- Tap the watch icon on the action bar to open the Device Selection screen. The Device Selection screen should be populated with Garmin devices that have been setup previously in Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Check the box next to each device that you wish to use with Glance.
- Configure the information and actions for Glance
- On the main Watch Partner screen, select a page that you wish to configure by tapping the selector at the top and selecting the page. By default, Glance supports configuring 3 fields and 1 action for use in Glance. With purchase of “Advanced Mode”, 3 pages of up to 3 fields and up to 5 actions may be configured.
- Below page selection, tap each field selector to choose a field or action to use for the selected page. The order of the fields configured on each page determines how they are displayed in Glance, in top-to-bottom order. For example, Field 1 is displayed above Field 2 on the watch. Your changes to the selected fields and actions are saved immediately.
- Watch Partner allows you to easily test out phone actions, or see the values of the field as they would display on your watch. Click the Edit button on the right side of each field or action, and choose “Show Current Field Value” or “Perform Action”, respectively. A toast popup should display with the value or status of the action being tested.
- To change the display name of a field in Glance, click the Edit button for a field or action and choose “Rename.” This function is available with purchase of “Advanced Mode.”
- On your Garmin watch, scroll to the Glance widget.
- When the widget loads, a status message will appear indicating that the widget is connecting to the Watch Partner companion app to request the latest info and actions.
- The fields configured in Watch Partner should be displayed on the widget. Depending on your Garmin device, tap the screen or press the primary button to scroll through the pages.
- To perform an action on your phone, open the menu and choose Phone Actions. This differs depending on your Garmin device, but is usually accomplished by pressing the Menu button or holding on the screen if it is a touch screen.
- Select and submit an action. The watch will issue a request to the phone to perform the action. A message will display on the watch indicating that the action was performed, and if it was successful or not. Note: It may take a few seconds or more for the watch to update indicating that the action was performed, even if the action was already performed on the phone.
Glance Watch Widget
- When Glance loads, ensure it always requests the latest info from the phone
- Fixed a minor display issue on vívoactive® 3
- Initial release
Watch Partner Android App
- Display a warning on devices that may have an issue displaying the Phone Network Type field properly due to a bug in the vendor’s implementation of Android. This includes Samsung phones running Android 5.0 or 5.1.
- Resolved a potential crash
- Error reporting improvements
Resolve potential crash related to checking for permissions
- We’ve added a new Scheduled Communication setting. Watch Partner always sends the latest values for your configured fields when the Glance widget is opened on your watch. With Scheduled Communication enabled, this information may also be sent to the watch periodically in the background, which allows Glance to potentially show recent information immediately, while awaiting the very latest information from the phone.
- Users with “Advanced Mode” can now specify a custom name for their fields and actions!
- Added the ability to preview the current value for each field
- Added the ability to perform any of the actions from within Watch Partner
- Streamlined main configuration interface
- Resolve issue with Ringer Silence not working on Android 7. The user is now prompted to give Watch Partner access to do that when necessary
- Misc. error handling improvements
Resolve issue with Advanced Mode feature detection
Minor technical improvements when determining available app features
- Fix potential crash if attempting to upgrade to Advanced Mode experienced a failure
- Additional debug logging for phone actions
- Initial release